[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Public Comment

Kursat E. Gundogan emre.gundogan at sloan.mit.edu
Thu Feb 13 14:06:38 UTC 2020

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing in response to the proposed changes to the .COM registry contract in place with Verisign. As a user of the domain system,  I am opposed to any action that results in unnecessary price increases. I believe this will effectively stifle competition in the wholesale registrar industry and adversely affect innovation by countless entrepreneurs in the Internet sector. A vibrant Internet community is only viable with proper oversight and affordable access. Therefore,  I urge you to reconsider the proposed changes allowing Verisign to increase prices by 7% annually.

Kind Regards,
K. E. Gundogan