[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Seems like a blatant money-grab

Mark Furland markfurland at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 19:39:56 UTC 2020

I fail to see how anyone might benefit from this other than ICANN and Verisign?
This deal was made in secret for a reason, it helps nobody else.

I run a few websites that have a .com
They are not for profit, I'm running them to share stuff with people.
If the price goes up too far, I won't be able to do that, and I'm just one of many people doing this.
Sure, I could go get a .info or something, but I've already got it setup, and it would break all existing links to it.

I'm just one of many people sharing information and projects out of our own pockets.
Not that I expect this comment to change anything, based on how comments were completely ignored last year on price caps for domains.