[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] I Vote Nay!

Alan Poletti alan.poletti at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 19:56:31 UTC 2020

Please do not allow one large company (VeriSign) to monopolize the .COM
TLD. Too much is at stake here for everyone owning one of these domains; I
myself own a .COM domain that I use for personal purposes. If this
amendment were to pass, it could increase the cost of this domain that I
have had for years to a point that is prohibitively expensive. It was hard
enough to get it and I rather would not lose it as much of my network
infrastructure is based on it. However, although my personal use of my
domain may be of little consequence to the debate, I am sure that small
businesses around the country whose budgets are already stretched may be
severely impacted by this. From my understanding, we are not talking about
a few dollars increase, but several hundred percent. This must not be
allowed to happen, I implore you!

-- Alan Poletti