[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Don't raise fees on .com domains!

John Clark jclark at town.ridgway.co.us
Thu Feb 13 20:23:14 UTC 2020

I understand that ICANN is considering an amendment to their .com agreement with Verisign, that would allow for annual price increases on .com domains. I believe these changes will have significant impact on the Internet for years to come, and only ICANN and Verisign have participated in this decision to date, which is totally unacceptable.

As both a someone who works in the tech support world for a living, as well as Mayor of my small town in Colorado, I believe this kind of unilateral change, without giving a voice to the millions of people who actually use and pay for their .com domains, is something you should not move forward with in any way.

Please, do the right thing, and deny this amendment.

Sincerely,
John

[Town of Ridgway logo]

John I. Clark
Mayor
Town of Ridgway
PO Box 10, Ridgway, CO 81432 • 970.417.8434