[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] My opinion about the situation with the domain COM

Іван Лендєл ivan.lendiel.918 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 21:25:42 UTC 2020

At the time of writing my comment on the situation with the com domain,
there are already over 8 and a half thousand hits from other people who
care. I do not know their motivation and competence, but I believe that
these things are important for the perception of the written text. Speaking
of me, I am an education lawyer and own more than 40 domain names (their
number changes from time to time) in different zones. It does not allow me
to call myself an expert, but I understand what is being said and these
changes will affect my projects and costs.
To begin with, I would like to announce my disappointment with ICANN's
actions in recent years. Unfortunately, it is not the first time your
organization is taking actions that are for its own benefit, not the
well-being of the Internet (for example, the situation with the removal of
the price threshold for org domains, and now its sale). Such global issues
cannot be guided by similar motivation. In the end, the continuation of
such policies and actions that show signs of corruption will inevitably
lead to the loss of patience and mass protest. Chaos and criminal cases
will not do anything good for society. I urge you to be transparent and
legitimate in your actions, and most importantly, have an understanding of
the consequences for the whole world. The com domain is the most popular
and is used not only in the US. THE PRICING POLICY MUST CONSIDER THE
ECONOMIC SITUATION OF RESIDENTS OF DIFFERENT COUNTRIES. Accessibility should
be a top priority, not a monopoly abuse. In the end, if people can't afford
to buy domains, Verisign will lose a lot of customers and profits.
CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY OF THE ACQUISITION AND EXTENSION OF DOMAINS,
THAT IS WHICH I CONSIDER THIS PART OF THE RIGHT TO ACCESS THE INTERNET.
Work on it has been going on for many years and there are some
changes, but given
the current realities, international organizations must finally consolidate
it. Such a document can regulate a wide range of issues regarding the
activities of individuals and entities on the Internet. In particular, the
right to access domain names (especially for personal use and NGOs); rules
of fair play in the domain market; price rises in line with objective
needs. Not only ICANN can initiate such things, but it would be more
logical for you to do so. The web cannot be a completely commercial
project, since the Internet has long become the property of all mankind.
Therefore, indignation and protest are a natural reaction. Think of your
high purpose and stop ignoring the views of people, NGOs and market
participants.