[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] ICANN Price Increases will Affect My Family

David Rader chexed at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 01:28:15 UTC 2020

Hello,

I have some domains for my hobbies, for my wife and for my kids. These
small increases are absolutely going to make a difference for me. I just
let about 8 expire out of about 18...

If you go ahead with these price increases, you will be losing some domain
renewals from me and killing some of my hobbies for certain, perhaps some
of my kids hobbies. We make no money from them at this time.

If you push people off of .COM's, you'll inevitably shift power to other
domains outside of your control. .COM's are still special, but the
saturation of other domains, when fueled by expensive .COMs will overshadow
.COMs.

I specifically don't buy most of those special domains because they're too
expensive.

Sincerely,
David Rader II
Internet Surfer since the early 90s

“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also
change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world
change towards him. ... We need not wait to see what others do.” - Mahātmā
Gandhi