[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] I am against the payment and its associated price increases.

Ricardo W guiseld at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 14 04:14:42 UTC 2020

This change to the contract with Verisign has come up suddenly, and although I appreciate the comment period, I think that the decision to raise prices for .com domains is due to an influence from special interests and not the people themselves.  Verisign’s $20 million payment to ICANN is not promised to do anything, and there is not much information forthcoming.  To me, it seems like a cash grab, as the benefits of this have not been made clear.  I am against this decision, and I hope you will use the feedback from actual (non-millionaire) people to stop this price increase.

Sincerely,

Ricardo G. Willems