[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Shameful opacity from one of the internets most important institutions

Marten Veldthuis marten at veldthuis.com
Fri Feb 14 10:43:49 UTC 2020

Hello,

I’m here to voice my strong concerns with regards to Amendment 3. If we are to believe that allowing Verisign to raise the prices potentially substantially, in return for a lump-sum payment to ICANN, then we should at least see full transparency into why those funds are needed, why there was no alternative, and of course full transparency into ICANNs spending past, present and future.

For these reasons, I strongly oppose the amendment in the current form and the context within which it stands.

Best regards,

Marten Veldthuis