[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Please don’t raise prices!

SAlpert5 SAlpert5 at aol.com
Fri Feb 14 13:12:14 UTC 2020

Dear Sirs,

I have recently learned of the plan to significantly raise the wholesale cost of “.com” domains.

While I realize that occasionally, companies need to modify prices slightly to cover increases in the actual costs of doing business, the large annual increases that are planned by your outfit are excessive and uncalled for.

As planned, .com wholesale prices could roughly double over the next 10 years, in the absence of a justifiable reason. A business model based on an ever-widening array of categories (.com, .biz, .site, .info, etc.) suggests that mere increases in the volume of new domains sold should already be generating sufficient additional profits to negate the need for targeted excessive annual wholesale price increases.

I am a small-time user who would more likely let my domains lapse, as they are relatively unimportant, rather than paying extortion-style annual price increases. I’m sure I’m not alone.

Less users means less profits, and in my humble opinion, the aggregate of these losses will far outweigh the benefits of any price increases that you seek.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Steven Alpert
17 Meadowbrook Lane