[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] I oppose amendment 3

Mitchell Harris mitchellh.general at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 14:42:32 UTC 2020

As an owner of a few .com domains, I’d like to express my opposition to the proposed amendment 3.  The internet is supposed to be a place where anyone can start up a business and compete.  Increased pricing for .com domains raises the bar for entry and decreases access to those domains, reducing competition, and ultimately hurting the free market.

Similarly, the provision allowing for Verisign to operate as a registrar would open the door for a whole host of anti-consumer practices.