[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Planned changes to the contract between ICANN and Verisign

David Demchuk daviddemchuk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 17:54:45 UTC 2020

My name is David Demchuk and I am a Canadian writer of fiction and drama
for stage, film and television. I have my own .com website which I maintain
through Squarespace. I have acquired my domain name, daviddemchuk.com,
through an independent service.

I am very strongly opposed to the planned changes to the contract ICANN has
with Verisign. I do not believe the ensuing price increases or changes to
Verisign's role are in the public interest.* I am especially concerned with
the lack of consultation by ICANN with the larger internet community.*
These arbitrary self-servicing changes potentially affection more than 100
million .com users, with no discernible benefits to us or to the internet
community as a whole. Please note this opposition and discontinue these
plans.

Thank you,

David Demchuk