[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] I oppose Amendment 3

Andy Hebrank ahebrank at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 12:40:59 UTC 2020

Perhaps if Verisign is unable to operate efficiently enough to fund ICANN
adequately, ICANN can bid out .com management in a manner than explicitly
funds a $20m initiative? Or simply fund-raise, like other non-profits?

Considering there are large internet infrastructures companies (CloudFront
is an example) that are able to offer DNS services at-cost, I can see no
legitimate justification for a price increase. The $20m kickback, a
fraction of what Verisign stands to make, is reprehensible.