[Comments-epdp-recs-04mar19] WIPO Center comments on EPDP Report

BECKHAM, Brian brian.beckham at wipo.int
Fri Apr 12 13:39:27 UTC 2019

Dear Members of the ICANN Board,

Further to our comments on the EPDP Initial Report, I write to raise for your attention an aspect of our previously-submitted comments that may have been overlooked by the EPDP team in producing its Final Report.

Our comments submitted December 21, 2018 (www.wipo.int/amc/en/docs/icann21122018.pdf) stated that:  "We submit that in lieu of or in addition to a representative of the RPM WG, a UDRP provider should be included as a representative in any update to the EPDP team to properly assess the potential impact of the EPDP work on UDRP case administration."

Further to the EPDP Final Report's suggestion (see Part 4: Updates to Other Consensus Policies) that a representative from the RPM WG provide an update to the EPDP team, we again respectfully suggest that a representative from a UDRP Provider such as WIPO should be part of and/or coordinate any such update.

We raise this given that it is unlikely that a WG member who does not have direct UDRP Provider experience would be in a position to fully understand the implications of the EPDP's work on the actual day-to-day administration of UDRP proceedings.  We feel that such actual UDRP Provider representation would assist ICANN and the EPDP's efforts.

Thank you for your consideration.

Yours sincerely,

Brian
Brian Beckham | Head, Internet Dispute Resolution Section | WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center
34 chemin des Colombettes, 1211 Geneva 20, Switzerland | T +4122 338 8247 | E brian.beckham at wipo.int<mailto:brian.beckham at wipo.int> | www.wipo.int<http://www.wipo.int/>

        [Banner in the theme of World Intellectual Property Day 2019, "Reach for Gold: IP and Sports". World IP Day is celebrated each year on April 26. Find out more at www.wipo.int/ipday] <https://www.wipo.int/ip-outreach/en/ipday/?utm_source=wipomail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=ipday2019>
REACH FOR GOLD: IP AND SPORTS
World Intellectual Property Day 2019
April 26
wipo.int/ipday<https://www.wipo.int/ip-outreach/en/ipday/?utm_source=wipomail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=ipday2019>              #worldipday

World Intellectual Property Organization Disclaimer: This electronic message may contain privileged, confidential and copyright protected information. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail and all its attachments. Please ensure all e-mail attachments are scanned for viruses prior to opening or using.