[Comments-icann-meetings-dates-02jan20] Meeting dates

Kristian Ørmen kristian at larsendata.dk
Sat Jan 4 10:33:04 UTC 2020

Hi

Thank you for the opportunity to comment on future meeting dates.

Some people including myself have already made plans around the meeting dates in September 2022 and it could be an issue if it’s changed. The long term planning of meeting dates makes it possible for the community to plan to attend these important meetings and changes of announced dates, meeting venues etc. can disturb those plans and sometimes make it impossible for people to attend a meeting.

I would like to thank you for moving the policy forum to mid June instead of late June. It will make it easier for a lot of people in Europe to attend the meetings I think, since it’s away from midsummer and just the general family holiday period.

The March 2027 meeting is on Maundy Thursday which is a holiday here in Denmark and I think also some other countries. In general, the week of Easter will be an issue for very many people in the community. Even for people not religious, many people just use that week for a family holiday.

Kind regards
Kristian Ørmen