[Comments-icann-meetings-dates-02jan20] Comment on proposed Dates for ICANN Public Meetings 2024-2028

Tanzanica S. King tanzanica.king at icann.org
Wed Jan 15 19:18:02 UTC 2020

The following comment is submitted on behalf of Alejandra Reynoso, Vice-Chair, ccNSO Council.

My comment is that ICANN88, Community Forum 20-25 March 2027, is set on what in Latin America is known as Holy Week. In academic contexts, this means a full week of holiday (Monday to Friday) and at a general context, the holiday is from Wednesday to Friday. Weather people are religious or not, it is a time to rest and/or be with the family (much like Christmas). I would strongly suggest to move it one week earlier (13-18 March 2027).