[Comments-idn-guidelines-19oct17] Comments

Dusan Stojicevic dusan at dukes.in.rs
Fri Oct 27 21:03:34 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Overall, I found the guidelines good and comprehensive, but still have some
doubts, regarding two different worlds that you are struggling to level up
in this doc.

1.       Section 2.3, point 7-9

I expect a help from ICANN, or some active role. In practice, cc's are
collaborating on basic level, and g's are calling Patrick Falstrom or
someone similar expert J In other words, nice - but nothing crucial here and
I don't see any practical value.

2.       Section 2.3, point 10

".must be made directly available online by the registry." - Every must have
these questions: who is checking is it made? What are the sanctions if it's
not? Define that explicitly.

3.       Section 2.2, point 6b

Understandable, the usage of terms such as "encouraged to" is expected. But,
then - it's not an obligation, so - they may not doing it a toll. How about
to level up here and try with ALL IDN TLDs must fulfill?

4.       Section 2.2, point 6a

Does it works with cc's? If so, who is going to check? If we know who and
how are making the checks, then X months is very easy to nominate. Community
can ask for some exact number of months, but it's a speculation. Let say -
6. Why - I don't know, if you understand me.

My two cents.

Dusan Stojicevic

Cyrillic GP, chair

---