[Comments-igo-ingo-crp-recommendations-11jul19] comment on IGO-INGO Access to Curative Rights Protection Mechanisms Policy Recommendations

Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch
Tue Aug 20 17:11:44 UTC 2019

Dear ICANN Support staff

As Swiss GAC Representative let me express our support for the comments submitted by OECD, WIPO, CERN, ITU and other IGOs on the matter of GNSO Recommendations on IGO Access to Curative Rights Protection Mechanisms.

These comments are in line with repeated input both from IGOs and the GAC during this whole PDP and reflect the deep concerns and disagreement with the policy recommendations produced by this PDP.

We look forward to the ICANN Board's careful consideration of this issue and are hopeful that a productive and consensual outcome may still be possible, which should duly take into account the repeated input expressed during this PDP by IGOs and the GAC.

Kindly

Jorge Cancio
Swiss GAC Rep.
Deputy Head of International Affairs
Federal Department of the Environment,
Transport, Energy and Communication DETEC
Federal Office of Communications OFCOM
Zukunftstrasse 44, CH 2501 Biel