[Comments-info-renewal-18mar19] Removing .info registration fee cap

Jonathan Lord jdl at ieee.org
Thu Apr 25 19:33:12 UTC 2019

I am against removing the .info registration fee cap.

I use a .info domain to run my blog as a learning environment and to use
the power of the web to reach my information no matter where I am.  I know
that this isn't a very sexy reason to have a domain, but if you allow a
free for all for the domain space covered under the old rules, then the
renewal rate might prevent me from having a sandbox to keep my web skills
up to date, and a place to store my life that I control, not Facebook, or
Google, or Microsoft, or other entities that use personal data for their
own purposes, not my purposes.

Thank you for listening.

Best regards,
Jonathan Lord