[Comments-info-renewal-18mar19] Keep price limits on .info

Geoff Kuenning geoff at cs.hmc.edu
Fri Apr 26 05:02:23 UTC 2019

Although it was not part of the original "big seven" top-level
domains, .info was established a long time ago to allow hosting of
useful informational resources.  Since then, thousands of sites
have sprung up to provide such information.  I maintain two of
those.  Many of those sites, like my own, run on a shoestring or
(including mine) entirely on volunteer effort.

Removing price limitations on .info would certainly serve to make
a few people wealthier (probably people who are already wealthy).
But it would not be good for the Internet or for the
U.S. population, which both depend on sites such as these to
provide valuable information about topics ranging from medical
care to hobbies.  If price limitations were removed, most of those
sites would have to be shut down.

There is no reason to remove price limitations.  Please keep .info
affordable!
    Geoff Kuenning   geoff at cs.hmc.edu
    http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~geoff/

Perl is awk with skin cancer.