[Comments-info-renewal-18mar19] Against the elimination of price caps

MM Benya mmbenya at fastmail.com
Fri Apr 26 17:34:57 UTC 2019

To whom it may concern,

Thank you for the opportunity to voice my opinion concerning the proposed elimination of price caps for the legacy .org, .info and .biz gTLDs.

As a domain name registrant, I am deeply concerned by and oppose the aforementioned proposal to allow unlimited fee hikes to any of the legacy gTLDs. The legacy unsponsored gTLDs, in their function as foundation of the modern Internet, were not created as the product of private, corporate interest groups.

Furthermore, I urge ICANN to shed the pretense of acting in the public benefit instead of as a for-profit monopoly on critical infrastructure.

Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.

Best regards,

Myriam Benya