[Comments-info-renewal-18mar19] Objection to removal of .info price cap

Benjamin Esham benjamin at esham.io
Mon Apr 29 20:28:32 UTC 2019

Hello,

I am writing with regard to the terms of the proposed renewal of the .info registry agreement; specifically, with the removal of the price cap provisions in the current version of the agreement. As the owner of a .info domain, this provision protects me from arbitrary, capricious, and unearned increases in the price of my domain registration. New registrants of .info domains should get the same protection. The removal of the price cap would enrich wholesale registries while providing no benefit to—and, indeed, hurting—everyone else. Please do not adopt any agreement that removes the price cap.

Thank you,

Benjamin Esham