[Comments-info-renewal-18mar19] Comment on the proposed removal of .info price caps

Katherine Roberts katherineroberts at outlook.com
Thu Apr 25 12:37:10 UTC 2019

This proposed removal of price caps on .info domains is pure greed at work. How much sense does someone need to recognize the devastating impact this move would have on the public, on business endeavors, on people’s lives? Not everyone who owns a .info domain is rolling in money, and price cap removal could seriously damage small businesses, among other things.

Case in point: My family owns a small business which is our entire livelihood. Our website for that business is a .info domain. If price caps are removed, we will potentially lose that website and be forced to rebuild elsewhere, which will cost a great deal of money, time, and energy. It will create a huge hiccup in our operations, the ramifications of which will ripple outward for a long time, and there is a chance our business would never recover. Beyond having to buy a new domain and build a new website, we would have to pay for new business cards, new branding, and a marketing campaign to *hopefully* direct our customers to the new website instead of the old one. This will create confusion in our customers, and many of them will get lost in the cracks. We will lose business. Which means we will have less money for food, bills, clothing, and our quality of life and the quality of our 2 children’s lives will suffer.

This is a REAL scenario in the real world. Please consider the impact your choices here will have on people, and reconsider this proposal to remove price caps on .info domains.

In Faith,

Katherine Roberts