[Comments-info-renewal-18mar19] Proposed removal of price caps

cr cr at orcon.net.nz
Thu Apr 25 13:29:57 UTC 2019

As the owner of two non-commercial .info domains, may I strongly object
to the proposed removal of price caps on domain registration.
Anything I put up is for the information of interested people only.   I
make nothing from my website and don't want to.   My only return is
the occasional email thanking me for the information, and that's fine.
But I certainly don't wish to pay commercial-level fees for what is
essentially a hobby.

If the Internet is to be regarded as a means of facilitating
communication, it shouldn't be hampered by cost barriers at rates
greatly in excess of the actual cost of providing the service.

Thank you

Chris Rodliffe
New Zealand