[Comments-lgr-proposal-bangla-script-02mar20] Public Comments for LGR Proposal Bangla Script - from IIFON Vernacular Internet Work Group

Sushanta Sinha uasushantasinha at yahoo.com
Wed May 6 18:14:06 UTC 2020

Team ICANN,

We formed a working group called Vernacular Internet Ecosystem Working Group (VIEW Group), under India Internet Foundation (IIFON). We intend to contribute to the Bangla label generation rules for TLD (Top Level Domain) and rules for second level domains in Neo-Brahmi script Generation Panel (NBGP) along with users awareness on registering domains in Bangla and use of Bangla over internet without any technical challenge. Our members spread over various academics and industry as well as social organizations. We have taken inputs from them and received overwhelming response in favour of a great job done by the team.

As a group, we have gone through the document and feel it is very well constructed document and covered all the important aspects. We do not see and substantial change that is required in its current form. It will be a good one to start.  Let us hope for a great success.

Sushanta Sinha
Chair, Vernacular Internet Ecosystem Working Group
India Internet Foundation
Kolkata, India

Sent from Mail for Windows 10