[Comments-lgr-proposal-chinese-script-28feb20] Comments on the proposal for Chinese Root Zone LGR

HiroHOTTA hotta at jprs.co.jp
Mon Apr 27 09:57:11 UTC 2020

I appreciate the opportunity to comment on the Chinese Root Zone LGR
proposal.

First of all, on behalf of Japanese Generation Panel (JGP), let me
congratulate the completion of Chinese Root Zone LGR proposal.

JGP has long been in cooperation with Chinese GP (CGP) and Korean
GP (KGP) in developing Root Zone LGR proposals that cover Kanji
(also called Han or Hanna) script. Those three language communities
(often called CJK, collectively) use thousands of Kanji characters
in common.

From its initial phase, JGP has been consistent in its intention to
accept the variants defined in Chinese Root Zone LGR (as well as in
Korean one) in order to nurture safe TLD space. To assure that this
intention would be adequately achieved, JGP needed to carefully
observe the process and result of CGP.

The above means that completion of comprehensive Chinese Root Zone
LGR is one of the requirements for the completion of Japanese Root
Zone LGR. JGP has discussed and shared the process and outcomes
with CGP periodically and I am confident that their process was
well-devised and their proposal is in accordance with the result of
CJK GPs' coordination.

Hiro Hotta,
Chair. Japanese Generation Panel