[Comments-msr-4-26nov18] Comment on MSR-4

Satish Babu sbabu at ieee.org
Tue Dec 18 16:39:40 UTC 2018

This comment is being submitted on my personal behalf and as a member of
ICANN At-Large.

I'd like to express my appreciation to ICANN.org for its work on the MSR-4,
which is one more positive step towards enabling a multilingual Internet,
which is important for numerous language communities in different parts of
the world.

I understand that the most significant addition to the MSR-4 has been the
incorporation of 15 code points (3 in Latin and 12 in Myanmar scripts).

In order to make the MSR 4 document clearer to the readers--particularly
language communities and end-users--it would be good to enumerate, in one
place, the list of the 15 code points that have been added. In addition, it
would also be good to provide the rationale for the addition of these code
points.

With kind regards

satish
--