[Comments-ncuc-charter-24aug17] a critical typo in section 1-B

Mike O'Connor mike at haven2.com
Fri Aug 25 12:11:48 UTC 2017

hi all,

this is a really-early comment because the Purpose section has a critical typo that should be fixed right away.

here's how it reads today:

The purpose of the Noncommercial Users Constituency is to represent individuals and organizations that use the domain name system (DNS) for noncommercial purposes. The primary purpose of the Constituency is and to protect noncommercial online communications , which includes expression for political, personal, research, educational, and recreational purposes.

the highlighted area indicates to me that the primary purpose of the constituency is missing a clause and should really read "The primary purpose of the Constituency is fill in the first clause here and to protect ..."

in other words, they've left out the primary purpose of the Constituency (or they deleted a purpose but didn't modify the sentence correctly).

could somebody check this and ping me when it gets corrected?

thanks,

mike

WI:(715) 598-4284  MN:(651) 647-6109  Toll Free:(800) 896-0907  Fax:(866)-280-2356