[Comments-ncuc-charter-24aug17] Comment on NCUC charter

theo geurts gtheo at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 8 09:24:20 UTC 2017

In my personal capacity, I would like the congratulate the NCUC charting
team for a well-drafted charter which has my full support.

Though several sections could be re-edited, rephrased, there are no real
blocking issues, and at some point, you have to stop drafting, and
wordsmithing or the work never stops.

One observation though.

Though the charter is clear in "spirit" regarding the membership
eligibility, there could be edge cases that could cause discussion. The
NCUC EC in the charter has the right to review and to approve.
While this is a practical solution and such decisions could be
challenged, it seems not very transparent and could be a source of
conflict and friction between the EC and the members. A cleaner solution
could be to have the members decide if the EC cannot reach consensus.

Best regards,

Theo Geurts
Chair of the RrSG charter team