[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] RE .org fees for domain registry

Daren Coppock DCoppock at aradc.org
Thu Mar 21 20:37:47 UTC 2019

I'm writing to ask ICANN to reconsider removing the registration fee caps on .org domains.  These domains are used by nonprofit trade associations and individual member associations as well as tax-exempt charities.

Donors and members give us funds to accomplish our nonprofit missions, and while they understand there are essential operating costs, the idea of turning domain registries into a profit stream at our expense would not be well received.  For an organization of our size (less than $5 million revenue) the proposed registry fixed fee of $6250 per quarter ($25,000 per year) would be a material hit on our budget.

The current arrangements have worked well - please don't allow nonprofit organization to be subjected to this usurious fee increase.

--
Daren Coppock
President & CEO