[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] .ORG price increase caps

Halloran, Robert K robert.k.halloran at bofa.com
Wed Apr 24 18:06:43 UTC 2019

The proposal to permit unlimited fee increases on .ORG domains will substantially impact small non-profits, family or personal domains, and act as a chilling effect on Internet participation.

I presently hold hallorans.org as a family domain to facilitate a common mail domain for my (now-grown) children to allow for a 'portable' mail address across ISPs or mail providers.  The cost of this has been negligible over the years, but a precipitous jump would force me to reconsider this.  For non-profits and NGOs, many operating on thin margins, it may mean the difference between Net accessibility or not.  I urge ICANN to maintain the present cap on annual increases to prevent throttling access to the Internet for those groups least able to absorb increases.

Robert K Halloran
Jacksonville FL

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer.   If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.