[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] .Org Pricing

Nicholas Goodchild edunikki at edunikki.com
Thu Apr 25 18:58:10 UTC 2019

Hi

When something is a de facto monopoly without regulation then extortionate
pricing is logical and common. The only fair options to consumers are
either price caps or increased competition. The costs associated with the
administration and supply of domains can only have decreased, so any rise
will be disproportionate and rampant profiteering.

I have a dot org that I maintain for my elderly parents and serves as their
primary email address. If the cost on it was to increase dramatically I
would have no option but to migrate them, but this would cause excessive
disruption and no doubt mean that they would miss out on correspondence.

Thank you,
Nick
--
Nicholas Goodchild