[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Proposed Renewal of .org Registry Agreement

James Hall putarguy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 20:07:05 UTC 2019

To Whom it May Concern,

I currently own over 100 domain names, and about 10% of those are .ORG
names. I don't have any .ORG names that make me any money. For the most part
they are informational sites I pay for out of my own pocket. This
information will likely be dropped along with ALL .ORG domains if there is a
significant price increase.

I'm pretty sure my .ORG sites cost me WAY more than cost you to provide
lookups for them. Perhaps you think organizations make a lot of money? Guess
again. I can assure you that if a price hike goes in to effect, I will drop
all of my money losing .ORG sites, along with any other TLD's that see a
price hike but don't make money. That would be about 90% of my domain names.

I'm sure I'm not the only web developer who will cut his losses and let his
.ORG domains die. Millions of them perhaps. Would that hurt your bottom
line?

Jim Hall

JADE Computer Services

(330) 332-7984