[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Removing caps on .org

Ash Fox ash at ashfox.com
Thu Apr 25 20:26:23 UTC 2019

I just want to say that removing caps on .org domains seems counter-productive for all the charities out there. I don't see an issue with raising the caps on .info and .biz, but you're talking about a lot of organizations where a few dollars literally impact their bottom line. I think it would be wise to consider keeping caps on .org for this very reason. Something I hope you consider. The charity that I donate to has gone ahead and registered a .com to avoid this mess, but there are a lot of foundations and goodwill organizations that can't easily do it. I hope you consider this angle when making your decision.