[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] (no subject)

Kurt Plowman plowmanks at ci.staunton.va.us
Thu Apr 25 12:13:40 UTC 2019

I am opposed to removing the price cap structure for the Public Internet Registry.   While removing the pricing limitations will enable the free-market to set pricing, this can also cause significant pricing increases or price gouging.

There are already problems with the domain name resale market being manipulated by several companies that grab expiring names and hold them for exorbitant unrealistic ransom.   This unregulated process is absurd and is a good example of what could happen without proper regulation.

Again, I am opposing removing the price cap structure for the Public Internet Registry contract renewal.

Kurt Plowman
Chief Technology Officer
City of Staunton