[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Wholesale Charges for .org Domains

Terry Davis tdavis at unm.edu
Thu Apr 25 21:46:54 UTC 2019

I wholeheartedly support the cap of 10% a year increases on .org domains and fully oppose deregulating those prices. I work for two not-for-profit organizations, one much larger than the other. In neither case is there a large budget for website expenses, either in domain registration or website design and construction. To allow for uncapped increases in domain name registrations would burden the smaller organization incredibly, and would channel funds in the larger organization away from its primary function.

For organizations that rely on donor support, as so many of us do, we would be funneling donations meant to support the good works described in the missions in our organization into corporate pockets instead.

Please reconsider this plan and keep the 10% cap per year on .org domain name price increases.

Thank you!

Terry S. Davis
Marketing Manager
Popejoy Hall