[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Proposed Pricing inn New Agrreement for .org Domaiins

The Rev. Christopher L. Smith, LCAC, LMHC, LMFT President at seekingshalom.org
Thu Apr 25 22:14:53 UTC 2019

The .org domain has become the extension of choice in the United States for
nonprofit corporations. The existing cap of 10% can already be quite steep
for nonprofits to consistently have to pay. Nonprofits provide service to
their communities and this service relies upon having some degree of
predictability of costs. To remove that, as proposed in the new contract,
is a disservice. I would ask ICANN to rethink the changes in that section
and for ICANN to look for an appropriate balance between the commercial
needs of domain registrars and entities using and owning domains. I would
hope ICANN would act in the public interest in this regard.

----------
*The Rev. Christopher L. Smith, LCAC, LMHC, LMFT*
*President and Clinical Director*
*Seeking Shalom*
*P.O. Box 685, Harrison, NY 10528*
*Clinical offices in Midtown NYC and the Bronx, with additional programs in
Indiana.*
*www.SeekingShalom.org <http://www.seekingshalom.org/>*
*(212)655-9605*

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain information that is
privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. It is
intended only for the use of the authorized individuals as indicated in
this email. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, purge it and do not
disseminate or copy it.*