[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Removal of price cap for .org domains

D. Piper d.piper at utoronto.ca
Fri Apr 26 02:09:06 UTC 2019

I would like to add my voice in opposition of any planned removal of price caps for the .org TLD. I have been using this TLD for almost 2 decades and cannot understand why ICANN has seen fit to drastically alter the pricing model for this TLD. For .org in particular, the intended audience for such domains often includes entities with no commercial ambitions, so the possibility of a drastic price increase in order to maintain an online presence is not something that can be easily offset by said entities.

Please reconsider, thanks.

Deryk Piper