[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Regarding Proposed Renewal of .org Registry Agreement

Manish Baxi manish at baxi.im
Fri Apr 26 03:34:09 UTC 2019

Dear ICANN team

This is with reference to the document titled Proposed Renewal of .org Registry Agreement, published at https://www.icann.org/public-comments/org-renewal-2019-03-18-en. As an owner of .org and .info domains, I am quite disturbed by the proposed changes under the section titled Pricing for Domain Name Registrations and Registry Services.

By removing the current price cap on .org and .info domains, ICANN would practically allow PIR to charge anything they wish for such domains. This would be totally detrimental to not-for-profit organizations that run their websites on such domains, totally from their own pockets.

I urgently request you to let the price cap continue so that not-for-profit organizations can continue to run their websites from .org and .info domains without fear of being charged heavily for owing such domains.

Thanks
~ Manish