[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Proposed Renewal of .org Registry Agreement

X D xydr2311 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 08:45:51 UTC 2019

I work for a non-profit organization that is a registrant of a .org domain.
Our mission is aimed at increasing public knowledge towards the protection
of the natural world and as is usually the case, we rely on donations and
grants for operational costs. Implementing the removal of price caps for
legacy TLDs will inevitably lead to domain prices skyrocketing, diverting
precious resources and effort from this mission and focusing it on
sustaining this domain, which is necessary as it provides visibility, trust
and the required reach for an audience willing to participate in this
effort.
I believe this is the case for many similar organizations and the trade-off
here can be reduced to a simple: "profit for the sake of profit" vs
"enabling affordable visibility for benevolent efforts"

I oppose the removal of price caps for legacy TLDs, if only to maintain the
accessibility of these types of registrants and allow this kind of message
to reach its intended audience.

Raul C.