[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Pricing

Nemanja Lukić nemanja at udarnik.net
Thu Apr 25 12:54:34 UTC 2019

     Dear ICANN,

   As an owner of a few ORG domains, I see myself affected by the
proposal to remove the price cap and liberalise the market. This measure
is clearly in favour of big business where the small owners like myself
would be big losers. The domains I own are not, and will not be used for
business purposes–that is, they are not intended to generate any profit.
I pay for them out my own pocket from my day-to-day labour activity. I
believe such is the case of a bigger portion of the ORG domain owners
since, that is basically it's purpose–to serve not-for-profit organisations.
   Removing the price cap would kill those domains unable to keep up
with the prices that the market might impose and would definitely impair
Internet as we know it since it would remove a layer of users and sites
which strive to provide common good free of charge.

Kind regards,
Nemanja Lukic