[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] .org renewal

Devin Wolfe Devin at akronmakerspace.org
Thu Apr 25 12:58:50 UTC 2019

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to show my disapproval of removing the .org price cap. I run a
small non-profit organization that has gained an identity in our community
that ties to our URL. If prices are to increase with no controls, we may
not be able to afford to hold our URLs. We rely on new URLs for our
programs and partnerships to drive traffic to where we can do the most
good. That will make it incredibly harder for the public to discover us and
our programs.

Please say NO to the current changes to the .org renewal agreement,
especially Section 2.17 and Specification 11 of the .org renewal agreement.

This move will be bad for an untold amount of small non-profits worldwide.

Thank you,

Devin Wolfe
Akron MakerSpace