[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Pricing for Domain Name Registrations and Registry Services (Section 2.10 of the .org renewal agreement)

Ken st601486 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 25 12:59:40 UTC 2019

I strongly disagree with the proposal to remove the price caps on registrations in the .org domain.

"org" has historically served as the domain of non-profit organizations.  I understand that that restriction has legally been removed, but the need and reasoning behind having a low bar for entry into domain registration for organizations still remains.

The domain name system has become commercialized and monetized to the degree that, recently, Rossi Lorathio Adams II tried to obtain a domain name at gunpoint.  It might be naive, but keeping one portion of the domain system free from price wars and literal wars is for the public's good.  There are nigh infinite other top level domains where ICANN can make money.

Thanks for your consideration,