[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Proposed Icann changes to Public Interest Registry fee charging powers.

John jas8 at sky.com
Thu Apr 25 13:05:12 UTC 2019

Although I do not use Domains ending .org, I am aware that many
charitable institutes and associations with little or no spare funds use
these TLD's.
In my opinion to convert what has been a reasonable cost service
provision into the sort of 'wild west' which would be caused by allowing
Public Interest Registry (PIR), to ramp
up charges without restraint is a shocking betrayal of those domain
owners who rely on such fees remaining affordable.
Such an action will be a deplorable disservice to millions of small
business owners and institutions who would be the ones picking up the
bill, and?? worse yet, a bill they would suddenly have no idea as to where
future costs might rise to. This a potential decision I am frankly
shocked that an organisation such as ICANN would even?? consider as being
in any way fair to the billions of domain owners.
Sincerely,
John Smith.
34 Great Grove.
Gloucester UK