[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Please do not remove .org price caps

Emer Kelly emer at mighty-tiny.com
Thu Apr 25 13:12:17 UTC 2019

Hello,

I am writing to urge you not to to remove price caps on .org registrations. These registrations are most often used by community groups and non-profits who cannot afford to be spending donations on expensive domain names. We all know how private business works. Profits come first and that makes sense. But with profits coming first, we myst also acknowledge that we cannot trust private businesses to “Do the right things”. They will raise prices to what the market with bear, and large organizations like Unicef, or American Red Cross will be able to bear much higher prices than smaller groups - effectively shutting them out of the online market and closing a donation revenue stream to them.

Please consider retaining price caps when you renew the .org registry agreement.

Respectfully,
Emer Kelly