[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Price caps are essential for .org domains

Casper Voogt casper.voogt at plethoradesign.com
Thu Apr 25 13:22:53 UTC 2019

I am writing to voice my opposition to removing price caps from .org
domains. These are fundamentally different from all other TLDs, in that
they are used by non-profits. Non-profits should get a break and they
should have a reasonable expectation that a domain name is not going to
break the bank. More importantly, non-profits expect and deserve predicable
pricing, not the price gouging that will surely ensure if price caps are
lifted. There are already loads of newer TLDs that have no price caps. We
don't need to go down this path with .org domains too. In fact, we should
not.

Casper Voogt

casper.voogt at plethoradesign.com
Plethora Design