[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Price caps on .ORG domain names

Pitts Fred fopitts at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 13:24:44 UTC 2019

To Whom It May Concern:

It has come to our attention that the current caps on annual rises in prices for domain names is going to expire and that wholesale registries will be free to charge whatever amount they desire rather than the cap of 10% currently permitted.

As you know, the .ORG designation is the the first choice for non-profit organizations, such as the one I lead. Such organization already have to raise funds to fulfill their missions, and removing a cap on domain names would provide a hardship for most of us that does not seem to be warranted.

Please keep in place the cap on annual rises for .ORG designations.

Thank you for your consideration of this request.

Fred Pitts