[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] .org

Jesse Merandy jmerandy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 13:27:21 UTC 2019

I work for a school. We always use .orgs as a way to differentiate
ourselves from businesses. These are web-based projects that don't need to
be or shouldn't be affiliated with our .edu account. To raise the prices
would be a blow to the creativity of students and would severely and unduly
encumber our ability to explore and experiment online.  Im sure you already
know this, and are just trying to ring out a couple more dollars, limiting
the online space to those who can afford it. It's disappointing that one
organization yields so much power.
Maybe I don't understand though. Educate me. Tell me why this is necessary.
Jesse