[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Unjustifiable limitless increase in pricing

J. Gleason linguagraphica at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 25 13:38:36 UTC 2019

The fact that a decision of such consequential impact is quietly slipping by the public at large in this esoteric forum is disturbing. I will simply refer to one of the comments I read because it so articulately and completely outlined all the reasons why removing price increase caps on .org domains makes no sense.

The comments I refer to are from

Zak Muscovitch zak at muscovitch.com
Wed Apr 10 15:27:37 UTC 2019

My inarticulate summary would be:

Don’t equate the non-profit sector with the commercial sector. Harm will be done. Non-profits can not compete on pricing of essential services. They must pay this in the same way they must pay for heat and electric power for their facilities. If it ain’t broke, don’t “fix” it.

Thanks for your consideration of these comments.

James Gleason
Arlington, VA