[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Proposed Renewal of .org Registry Agreement

Kristen Alice kristenalice808 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 13:47:59 UTC 2019

Hello,

I am writing in strong opposition to the proposed removal of the cap on
.org domain name prices. I manage .org sites for both a nonprofit
organization, and for a coalition of disaster relief organizations. Both
entities rely on the affordability of these names to communicate with
clients, stakeholders, and the public.

This proposed change could force us to abdicate domains we've spent
considerable time and effort branding, and would imperil our ability to
communicate critical, time-sensitive information to the public.

Nonprofit organizations often lack the funding to weather sudden,
unexpected price increases, and these proposed changes would add an
additional strain on those doing good in our communities. Therefore, I
strongly oppose the removal of the price cap on .org domain names.

Thank you for your consideration.

Kristen Apruzzese