[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Comments on the .org agreement

Tim Flight tflight at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 13:51:06 UTC 2019

Dear ICANN,

I represent many not-for-profit or non-profit organizations. As such, many of them have .org domain names. I’m opposed to any changes that would allow registries to charge any amount they wish for domain renewals without sane caps.

I’ve seen the negative consequences of such pricing first hand. Many domains I’ve purchased with newer TLDs are often very inexpensive at first, but the renewal prices often spike to crazy amounts. This would put an undue hardship on many smaller, non-profit organizations.

Sincerely,

Tim Flight